Frequently Asked Questions – All Your Questions Answered on One Page
We thought it would be sensible to put together a Frequently Asked Questions page, a one-stop shop for the answers to all your questions about snow and ice removal. While most snow removal services merely seek to do their work and get the job done, Smart Scapes LLC goes the extra mile in helping to inform our customers about the process (the art really) of truly professional snow removal and ice removal.
Following are questions we hear quite often and our answers to them. If you have any questions that you don't see answered here, or if you want to learn more about us or schedule a free consultation on snow plowing services for the coming winter, call our office today at (615) 274-8216.
- Do you offer truly unlimited service?
- Yes. Our service contract is unlimited. No matter how bad the winter season gets, we will come to your property as many times as necessary to keep the snow and ice off your property, even if that means coming out more than once in a day.
- Do I need to sign up for the entire winter season?
- Yes. We want to ensure that your property is protected and accessible throughout the entire winter season. Our service contracts begin in early-November and run until early-April.
- Do you shovel walkways too?
- Absolutely. We don't, "just plow snow." Our dedication to snow removal and deicing includes making your property completely accessible. Our technicians will plow your property's driveways and entryways, parking lots, and thoroughfares. Then our crew members will get out of their trucks, grab shovels, and get to work on entryways, sidewalks, breezeways, walking paths, etc. Finally, they'll spread an eco-friendly deicing agent to ensure proper melt and to guard against the buildup of ice.
- What are "freezing events"?
- A freezing event is any weather event that creates the buildup of ice. So even if there is no snow in the forecast, we'll still visit your property to apply green deicer if there is a threat for freezing rain, ice storms, a freeze-thaw period, etc.
- Do you offer on-call, emergency services?
- On-call, no, emergency, yes. We don't provide on-call services, as we encourage you to sign up for the entire winter season. However, if you are in an emergency due to snow and ice buildup, call us at (615) 274-8216, and we will help you.
- Do you have insurance?
- Yes. Our company and staff are fully licensed and insured.
- How does your "trigger" system work?
- The trigger system is a very efficient and helpful piece of technology that allows us to provide professional snow plowing and ice removal services. The trigger system is a software program that uses GPS tracking to alert us of impending inclement weather at the properties we service.
- What kind of equipment does your company use?
- We have a fleet of large snow plow trucks for snow removal, plus several pickup trucks for hands-on service, deicing, and ice dam removal.
- What do you need from me to ensure snow removal throughout the season?
- Very little. Just make sure that your property is accessible to our crew (no locked gates, vehicles barring access, etc.), and we will take care of the rest.
- When do you perform service?
- We will provide service any time of the day that it is needed, but our ideal service time is in the early morning between 5:00 a.m and 8:00 a.m.
- What kind of deicer do you use?
- We use a potassium/sodium chloride mix for deicing. We don't use typical rock salt, as it is harmful to the environment and corrosive to vehicles and equipment.
- What kind of training does your crew receive?
- Our snow plow truck drivers are veteran snow removal specialists, but we still put our entire crew through annual training seminars and team programs to ensure that our company is up-to-date on the most current, cutting-edge snow and ice mitigation and removal techniques.
- Do I need to be onsite when your technicians arrive?
- No. As long as our crew has access to your property, you can be at home or onsite, but we won't bother you unless we absolutely have to. Our goal is to get your property cleaned up and free of snow and ice without bothering you, all so that you can continue to run your business and not have to worry about anything and everything that Jack Frost might throw at you.
- What is the minimal amount of snow needed to service a property?
- Technically there doesn't even need to be snow on a property for us to provide service. Even if there is just a mere threat of snowfall, we'll attend to your property and apply green deicer in advance to ensure the property stays clean and ice-free when bad weather does hit.
Designed to keep your commercial property clean of snow and ice, Smart Scapes LLC provides reliable snow removal services. Our business has excelled in snow plowing and ice removal services since 1992, so we are more than qualified to help you beat the cold, keep the snow off, and keep your property safe from slip hazards this winter.
When asking, “Who's the best snow removal contractor?” or “Where can I find snow removal near me?” or “Where is an affordable snow plow service?” we hope to be the company that comes to mind right away. We've worked hard since 1992 to build a strong reputation in snow and ice removal, and we aim to keep that reputation going strong through exemplary service to our growing list of clients. When people ask, “Where are the best snow removal services?” we always answer with out own company's name, and then we follow it up with great service to prove it!